Varsity Volleyball (29-5-1; 5-0 Great Northern Conference)
On Saturday (10/9/21), the MSHS Varsity Volleyball team traveled to compete in the Traverse City Central Volleyball Invitational.
The tournament was played in round robin format with Mattawan, Western Michigan Christian, Leland, Elk Rapids and Traverse City Central also participating in the event. Marquette went 5-0 on the day and ultimately claimed the tournament championship.
- Marquette 2, Leland 0 (25-18, 25-22)
- Marquette 2, Traverse City Central 0 (25-11, 25-19)
- Marquette 2, Mattawan 1 (12-25, 25-14, 19-17)
- Marquette 2, Elk Rapids 0 (25-23, 25-18)
- Marquette 2, Western Michigan Christian 0 (25-20, 25-23)
From MSHS Head Coach, Ann Crandell-Williams:
- “All I can say is WOW. It was amazing to see everything these ladies have been working on come together. They trusted their game and each other. Every one of our hitters was able to do some damage when necessary. Seiler Hruska was unstoppable in every aspect of her game, and Maria Millado was on point as well. Maria surpassed 100 season blocks today, which is an outstanding feat for a middle blocker. Katelyn Duneavy ran the court beautifully and made all the right decisions when things got tight. This is all because they played great defense as a team and converted that to great offense. They passed unbelievably well and served aggressively as a team. I couldn’t be prouder of the volleyball they played today.”
- MSHS will enjoy an eight day break from competition before hosting Gladstone next Tuesday, 10/19/21, in Great Northern Conference action. The match will also serve as senior night. JV/Freshman matches will begin at 5:30 p.m. with the Varsity match to follow at 7:00 p.m.