The MSHS Varsity Baseball Team began its 2022 season with a road trip to Manistique on Wednesday evening. In what ended up being a high-scoring affair, the Emeralds bested MSHS, 11-7.
With Marquette having a 3-2 lead, Manistique used a six-run third inning to take control of the game by an 8-3 margin. They would then add another three runs in the fifth inning.
Marquette regained some momentum in the seventh inning when they posted four runs in a comeback effort that eventually fell short at the 11-7 final score.
- Easton Miller led the way at the plate for MSHS by going 2-4 with 2 RBIs.
- Ashton Demboski and Nash Riipi each contributed 1 hit and 1 RBI apiece.
- Jacob Knauss and Logan Peterson also recorded hits in the game.
- The MSHS Varsity Baseball Team will next travel downstate to compete in the six-team Boyne Invitational on Saturday, April 23.
- Marquette will first take on hosts Boyne City at 12:00 p.m. before finishing pool play with a 2:00 p.m. game against Rudyard.