MSHS seniors Haddie Ketzenberger and Kameron Karp have been named as the recipients of the First Bank Outstanding Scholar-Athletes for the 2020-21 academic year.
Selection criteria for the award are:
- Academic excellence based on cumulative GPA, academic honors received and class standing.
- Athletic performance and accolades with students having earned a minimum of four varsity letters. In addition, honorees must have earned varsity letters in at least two sports.
- Extracurricular involvement in MSHS clubs/organizations as well as a demonstrated commitment to community service.
Haddie Ketzenberger participates in the MSHS Girls Tennis, Girls Swimming & Diving, Gymnastics and Girls Track & Field programs. She holds a 4.21 cumulative GPA.
Ketzenberger’s 2020-21 Athletics Accolades:
- Girls Tennis: All-U.P. Honorable Mention
- Girls Swimming & Diving: 2021 U.P. Diving Champion, All-U.P. First Team
- Gymnastics: 2021 U.P. All-Around Champion (also placed first in beam, floor and bars)
- Girls Track & Field: All-Region, All-Conference; will be competing in the 100 Meter Hurdles at tomorow’s U.P. Track & Field Finals
Ketzenberger’s post-graduation plans are to attend the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where she intends to major in Civil Engineering.
Kameron Karp participates in the MSHS Football, Boys Basketball and Boys Track & Field programs. He owns a cumulative GPA of 4.03.
Karp’s 2020-21 Athletics Accolades:
- Football: All-State Second Team, All-U.P. Offensive Player of the Year, All-U.P. “Dream Team”, All-Conference
- Boys Basketball: All-U.P. “Dream Team”, Great Northern Conference (GNC) Player of the Year
- Boys Track & Field: All-Region (two first place finishes at MHSAA Regional Meet), All-Conference (four first place finishes at GNC Meet), member of school record breaking 400 Meter Relay; will be competing in four events at tomorrow’s U.P. Track & Field Finals
- MHSAA Scholar-Athlete Award Finalist
In February 2021, Kameron signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) to attend and play both football and basketball at Northern Michigan University.
A very big “thank you” to First Bank and its Senior Vice President Ron Bennetts for their continued support of MSHS and its student-athletes through this award!