The MSHS Boys Swimming & Diving team hosted the 2022 Splash-n-Dash meet on Saturday (1/15/22). All Upper Penninsula high school swimming and diving teams attended the event, that featured a series of short distance races with unlimited team entries in order to maximize participation in the meet. Competing teams were Marquette, Gladstone, Houghton, Ishpeming-Negaunee, Kingsford, Rudyard, Sault Ste. Marie and Westwood.
Event Medalists from MSHS (Top-2 Relays; Top-3 Individual):
- 1 Meter Diving – Hunter Symbal (1st Place); Ben Flynn (3rd Place)
- 200 Medley Relay – Mason Doan, Colin VanderSchaaf, Liam McFarren, Maverick Baldwin (1st Place)
- 100 IM – Liam McFarren (1st Place); Maverick Baldwin (3rd Place)
- 50 Freestyle – Maverick Baldwin (1st Place)
- 50 Butterfly – Colin VanderSchaaf (1st Place)
- 50 Backstroke – Liam McFarren (1st Place); Mason Doan (3rd Place)
- 50 Breaststroke – Colin VanderSchaaf (1st Place)
- 200 Freestyle Relay – Maverick Baldwin, Mason Doan, Colin VanderSchaaf, Liam McFarren (1st Place)
The MSHS Swim & Dive teams will be back in action on Wednesday, January 19, when they travel to Ishpeming-Negaunee for a dual meet starting at 4:00 p.m.