Fall Sport Registration Process
- The fall sport registration page is now open and available at www.hspaytoplay.com. All students participating in a fall sport will need to complete their registration before he/she is eligible to practice. Through the new registration page, parents are able to take care of pay-to-play fees online.
- MHSAA Physical Forms are available both in the high school office and online. Students must submit their physician-signed physical form (dated after 4/15/19) to the high school office prior to participating in a fall sport! Be sure to include all medical information on the form (including allergy information) so that the athletic training staff can provide the best care possible.
Concussion Baseline Testing
- All MSHS students interested in athletics participation during the 2019-20 academic year should consider taking a baseline ImPACT Concussion Test. The ImPACT baseline test helps determine the athlete’s level of functioning before a concussion. If the athlete were to sustain a head injury during the sports season, the athletic training team can then go back to the preseason baseline test and compare it to the athlete’s function level at the time of injury.
- ImPACT Concussion Tests will be administered on the following days/times. All tests will be administered in the MSHS Computer Labs (2nd floor POD). Cost of the test is $3.00.
- Tuesday, July 23
- 3:00 p.m. – All Student-Athletes
- 4:30 p.m. – Freshman, JV and Varsity Football
- Tuesday, July 23
Fall Sport Tryouts and Start Date Information
- Football (coach contact – Eric Mason – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Summer lifting and position workouts to be held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:45 p.m. (starting June 17)
- Equipment issue to take place on July 23 (Varsity – 5:30 p.m.; JV – 6:00 p.m.; Frosh – 6:30 p.m.)
- Team practices to begin August 12
- Boys/Girls Cross Country (coach contact – Kyle Detmers – email@example.com)
- Practice begins on August 12 at 9:00 a.m. (meet at MSHS Track)
- Boys Soccer (coach contact – Dan Menze – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tryouts to be held August 14-16 at the Kaufman Sports Complex and will run from 6:00-8:00 p.m. each day
- Team practices to begin on August 17
- Parent Informational Meeting date/time TBD
- Girls Tennis (coach contact – Derek Sandstrom – email@example.com)
- Practice begins on August 12 at 9:00 a.m. (meet at MSHS Tennis Courts; Room 215 in case of inclement weather)
- Volleyball (coach contact – Ann Crandell-Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Summer open gyms for all levels held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-11:00 a.m. at MSHS
- Tryouts to be held August 14-16
- August 14 – Frosh/JV from 5:00-7:00 p.m.; Varsity from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- August 15 – Frosh/JV from 5:00-7:00 p.m.; Varsity from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- August 16 – Frosh/JV from 8:00-10:00 a.m.; Varsity from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Team practices to begin on August 18
- Dance Team (coach contact – Alicia Beauchamp – email@example.com)
- Fall tryouts to be held following first day of school. Date/time TBD.
- Alex Tiseo, Athletic Director – firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail)